Presentations are long sessions even if it’s for a few minutes, every one in a closed room feels the boredom in the whole thing.
It’s crucial that we concentrate on making the slides look professional and readable most importantly, to help the audience get through this boring session. Let us see how!
- Using single images: It is safer to use single images than compound images with two images or three in the same slide.
- Freeze the transitions: Transitions were built to make progress of one slide to another smoother.
- Use contrasting colors: Use colors that contrast while using fonts and background colors.
- Use less number of colors: The lesser number of colors you use the better the slides look.
- Use Sans Serif Fonts: Sans Serif Fonts look better on slides than serif since they do not bleed into the background.
- Font Size: Remember to maintain the dynamic balance of the fonts. Is it too small or too large?
- Avoid bullets: Like we mentioned before it’s better to avoid bullets.
- Six lines rule: In a slide use a maximum of six lines not above that to bring a clutter-free look.
These were the few well planned ways to create better looking slides for all your presentations. Use these tips to enthrall the audience with your slides and its readability. Remember the audience is here to understand the vision or goal of the slides and not watch all the photographs and videos.
To be readable your slides must follow the 8 rules, I know it sounds too much but in actuality these are the eight mistakes that we better not make while creating slides. Come back for more designing tips from us, we love to hear from you. Comment here, so that we learn to improve designing and also help others in the process.